The best new build apartments, penthouses, and villas for sale in the nicest towns like Marbella, Estepona, Mijas, Sotogrande and other hotspots on the Costa del Sol.
For years Marbella has held a very strong attraction. Quite natural, given that it is practically the pearl of the Costa del Sol. The climate, the lifestyle and the famous golf courses are important reasons why Marbella is so popular. It is a lively city that offers something for every generation. However, other cities’ prestige is also growing enormously compared to central Marbella. Estepona, for example, is considered part of “the golden triangle” alongside beautiful Benahavís and glamorous Marbella and has become the green center of the Costa del Sol. The attraction of this town lies in the greenery throughout the streets and the authenticity that is still present. New construction projects are growing very fast, so investors often go that way.
Cities like Málaga, Marbella, Fuengirola and Estepona offer a lot of interesting urban properties both in the center and just outside it. One of the ultimate combinations is frontline beach in the city center, so the sea and facilities are extremely close. However, living space is often compromised here. Moving to the outskirts of the city means more spacious villas and apartments. In order to be able to select the best options for you, we would like to go through your wishes during a meeting in one of our offices. Would you like a preview of what we have to offer? Make sure you check out our new construction projects on this page to get an overview of which city properties might be right for you!
Featured urban properties in Costa del Sol
Marein Banús – Sold out
Luxury villas for sale near city centers in Costa del Sol
Check out an exclusive range of +1million new build villas for sale in Southern Spain.
Banús Bay – Sold out
Exclusive urban apartments for sale in Costa del Sol
Check out an exclusive range of luxury apartments for sale in southern Spain. These new construction projects are located close to the city center and the sea!
Costa del Sol facts
- Spain has one of the healthiest lifestyles and highest life expectancies in the world
- Andalusia is the liveliest part of Spain and the birthplace of many of its cultural icons
- The climate, landscape, amenities and quality of life of the Costa del Sol make it the ultimate lifestyle destination in Europe
- The low density, spaciousness, open landscapes and impressive views ensure that you are never far from nature.
- This is further enhanced by the fact that the area offers such a rich diversity of locations, lifestyles and properties
- The coastal areas known as the “Costas” offer a lifestyle that appeals to foreign buyers
- A wide range of housing types and price ranges exist here
- Marbella is the most established high-end residential zone on the Costa del Sol, with five-star services and appeal, but other areas offer alternatives that are increasingly fashionable
- This is especially the case in Marbella East, Benahavis and Estepona, where many of the new and modern properties can be found
- Finca Cortesin and Sotogrande, on the west side of the Costa del Sol, are highly selective residential resorts surrounded by nature
- The market and price growth in recent years has been mainly in newly built apartments and villas
Costa del Sol – A unique lifestyle
Within Andalusia, the coastal region known as the Costa del Sol is the undoubted lifestyle destination for people from all over Europe and beyond. Stretching from Sotogrande in the west to Malaga in the east, the area offers spectacular subtropical greenery and seascapes within the sunniest climate in Europe.
This makes a unique way of life that is ideal for outdoor activities such as golf, sailing, horseback riding, tennis, yoga and hiking. A vibrant cosmopolitan social scene has developed here since the international elite first “discovered” this region in the 1950s, and today Marbella is an upmarket residential lifestyle destination in the heart of the Costa del Sol.
The more than 70 golf courses whose greenery spreads across the area, embody its ability to let you experience life to the fullest, yet each part of the Costa del Sol has its own characteristics and lifestyle suitability. Most attractive is the region from Marbella East through Benahavis and Estepona to Sotogrande.
Purchase new build properties in Costa del Sol
New build beach properties on the Costa del Sol are usually bought through an estate agent, or directly from the developer. It is impossible to buy new construction from a private owner, so there is less room for price negotiation.
The price of a newly built villa or apartment is exactly the same if you buy it through an estate agent, or directly from the developer. This is why many foreign buyers in southern Spain choose to use a real estate agent.
The process is different, because when you sign the purchase agreement and make a deposit, your lawyer will verify that everything is as the developer claims. Once this is confirmed, payment is made by the buyer in regular instalments, as stipulated in the purchase contract, until the final payment is completed and the property is registered in your name, complete with first occupancy permit.
The new construction buying process is governed by laws, which require that all money paid during the construction period must be guaranteed by a bank or insurance company.
In addition, this law requires the developer to take out a 10-year insurance policy covering any basic defects in the building, with the buyers as beneficiaries. To ensure that the property is delivered according to the agreed specifications, it is always wise to do a comprehensive completion before accepting delivery. In addition, the same rules apply so that the transfer deed issued by the developer to the buyer is signed before a notary and the property is registered in the name of the new owner, complete with first occupancy permit.
Not found what you were looking for?
Contact Investinspain. Our real estate experts will be happy to assist you in your search for the perfect property in Southern Spain.